Saturday, November 1, 2008

Or maybe you prefer

You know I'm loving The Daily Show, The Colbert Report, SNL and The Onion. Truly great political comedy is an American tradition and a national treasure.

But let's say when deciding how to vote, you prefer a straight up objective, intelligent interview. I don't mean objective as in: Pretend I'm smart but somehow have no opinions. I mean objective as in: I'll tell you my perspective so that you can take it into consideration. I don't mean interview as in: Let's shout, call names, repeat our talking points even if they aren't quite true because the end justifies the means and by the end I mean as long as I win in the end.

I mean a real conversation about things that matter, discussed as if you know they matter. As if you are actually listening to each other and could hear something that worth considering. There are lots of good interviews on the Rachel Maddow website, including her interview with Dan Rather. He sets the junk-talk aside and says, look we have two candidates who are both qualified to be President. What matters is their politics.

The best interviews of this campaign may be this series of interviews Maddow did with Obama in this last week. It's no secret that she's a liberal. She's also a great interviewer.



Lots more at The Rachel Maddow Show

No comments: